Monday, October 29, 2007

Sleepy-Heads

Yesterday morning I had another private lesson. As I do every Saturday. :P When I went in to warm up and run through my music before my lesson started, I was rather discouraged. Basically, I was playing like crap. I think I almost cried. Just frustrating. When I actually went in to my lesson and played, it went much better. And I think I'm getting a little better overall, too. See, apparently I've been playing for seven years with the wrong embouchure, and so now I have to pretty much completely change the way I play. Just a slight setback. >.< My range was significantly reduced, plus it's just been overall harder to play, for the most part. But, as I keep having to play when I practice and in band, it's getting better. And supposedly it'll make me that much better in the long run. It gets really discouraging sometimes, so I just keep telling myself that.

Last night I also went to a concert called OcTUBAfest. Clever, I know. It goes on for four days, and I went to the one on the last day. It was pretty neat. There were a whole bunch of tuba and euphonium players. The first several pieces were played by this one guy named Adam Frey (and a piano accompanist, Robin Hancock), and he was amazing. This one thing he played was what he liked to call "the Swiss version of Flight of the Bumble Bees." And seriously, that's about what it was. Holy cravitz, he played so many notes so fast... just... wow. Freakin' amazing. I'd love to be able to play like that. Maybe someday... or not. :)

This morning we slept in... much longer than we inteded. Our ward in church meets at 12:00 - 3:00. I woke up at about 11:50. And I'm sorry, but I'll be honest - if I have a good excuse to not go to church, I'll take it. I know, shame on me. So I woke up at about 11:50, and realized that church was in like ten minutes, and neither of us had showered, and we'd still have to get dressed and everything after that, and it takes a little less than ten minutes to get there. I looked over, and Sarah was still asleep. So, I was kind of pleased that we had slept so long, and went back to sleep. I woke up one or two more times after that, and then Sarah got up at about 1:30 and was like, "Oh my gosh, do you know what time it is??" So, yeah, we missed church because we slept in. Tehe... sounds kind of funny, considering it started at noon. And we did stay up kind of late last night watching some Smallville - about 2 or 2:30 - but considering we're at college, it really wasn't all that late. Speaking of which, we're going to watch some more tonight. So, until next time, adieu.

No comments: