Friday, October 19, 2007

Good Times

Today was a pretty good day, all in all. For one thing, I finally found out for sure the name of the French horn player next to me. We talk every day that we have band together, and she knows my name and some random things about me... but it's started to bother me that I don't know her name. She is a friend. I did hear someone say her name once or twice, but it wasn't quite clear. Though I was pretty sure it was either Jamie or Jenny. So, also in band we've done "introductions" where after we rehearse one piece, each person in one section introduces themself and everything. And... it turns out, the French horns were the last ones to go. The director kind of forgot about us. I think he just assumed we had already gone. So we all introduced oursevles today, and it turns out her name is Jami after all. I don't remember her last name, or quite where she's from... or what her major is, but I do know she's double-majoring. Anyhow... yeah... enough about Jami. I'm just glad I finally know who she is. :)

I turned in my essay today about the book Just and Holy Principles, and... well, I don't know how I did. Personally, I feel like I did a better job than my last essay, which got me a whopping 17 out of 25 points. I hope I did at least a little better, anyway. Mostly, I'm just glad it's out of the way. I won't have another essay to turn in to that class for another couple of weeks, I think. *relief*

At the Cannon Center cafeteria today, there was some luau of some sort going on this afternoon/evening. And so when we went to dinner there were all these different kinds of fruits, and various other Hawaiian-ish foods. It was... interesting. I didn't actually see anything going on when I was there, but there were decorations all over the place. I don't know why we have these random days, but there was one day that was chocolate day for some reason... that was good stuff. So many chocolate goodies, and a chocolate fountain, and cookies, and strawberries, and... mmm... so, um, yeah.

Smallville was also on tonight. I enjoyed it. Like always. But it did make me sad. Aw. I just hope some things will start getting better again soon, or resolve in some other ways... which, I'm sure they will, in due time. When there's other problems going on. :)

I guess I'll just stop with that. I need to go get my laundry, it should be done by now. I've finally done it... after unintentionally putting it off for... too long. :P And then, sleep time.

No comments: