Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Joy

Okay... yeah... I haven't updated this thing in quite some time. I really keep meaning to, with everything that goes on, but I just don't get around to it for some reason. Oops. My bad. So, I guess I'll try to fill in the gist of what I've missed posting.

I've had a couple of tests. Let's see... since I really don't remember what tests I have and haven't mentioned... my American Heritage test did end up curving to a C, I believe. And I have a C in the class. So much cravitz. I'm really hoping that I can get at least a B- in the class. C's are just so... blech. I got a freakin' 62% on my Book of Mormon test. Suck! I thought I knew the material at least a tiny bit better than the last test, but I think I got 80% on that one. What the heck happened?? And that class only has three grades - midterm 1, midterm 2, and the final. There is an extra credit thing that I did, but who knows how much that's going to help. Freakin' dumb. I hate it. And then I also had another physical science test. Which, I know, I hadn't been keeping up completely with the reading, but I was paying attention in class (well, as best I could when I wasn't falling asleep), and taking notes and everything... and just because I didn't read the material before the coinciding class period doesn't mean that I didn't read it at all. I did go back and read. And even during the test, usually you can tell what the gist of the outcome is going to be, because you do or don't know the stuff well enough. So here I am taking the test, and even until the end of it, I thought I might get an A again, or possibly a B... but no... I got 67%. What the freaking cravitz?! Getting that, after failing my Book of Mormon test, was only slightly disheartening. And by slightly, I mean like, really depressing. I thought I was being better in my classes than the beginning of the year, but I just keep getting worse. What the freakin' heck. The good thing was, a few days ago I took a music test. Those always make me feel better, 'cause that's an easy class. I go to class, pay attention, listen to the selected music just before the test, and everything's fine. So I got a 98%. Yeah! Woot! *dances* Really, really made my day better.

Okay, so, enough about my grades. I'd rather not think about them that much anyway. I had a concert the other night. Last Thursday, the one before Thanksgiving. We played... eight pieces, I think. And two of them had four movements. It was a long concert. Definitely different than high school concerts. :P I really liked most of our music. Actually, probably all of it. Some things were just better than others. Like, in the second and fourth movements of the first piece, there were these awesome horn rips... like, to a high G (and some to a high A). Pretty much the best parts of that whole piece. I love it. And the Dixie Land Band was pretty awesome. I just love listening to them play. Which is a good thing, because after we finished the piece that they played with us, they just went ahead and played something of their own, and I swear, it never ended... well, okay, obviously it did, but it seemed really long. But they were really cool. And then there was the last piece. Oh, yes... Zion. What Jami likes to refer to as Chop Killer. And she has fourth part. Mine, third part, was pretty much death. Second worse, next to first part, in my opinion. I feel for them, because by the end of the piece, I could hardly play. In fact, I literally barely held on long enough for the piece to end. Hard stuff. But I do really like the piece. It just takes a lot. And we played it last. Great... so we had alreay been playing probably for more than an hour. My lips... so tired...

I've also finally registered for my schedule for next semester. It's now set in stone, so there's no more of this, well here's what I'm planning to do next semester, this is what I'm hoping I'll get... so, my schedule next semster is as follows:

Monday
8:00-8:50 Econ
9:00-9:50 English
10:00-10:50 Book of Mormon (part 2)
12:00-12:50 Psychology

Tuesday
9:00-9:50 Beginning Jazz Dance
1:00-2:50 Band
3:00-3:50 Trigonometry

Wednesday
8:00-8:50 Econ
9:00-9:50 English
10:00-10:50 Book of Mormon (part 2)
12:00-12:50 Psychology
7:00-9:30 Careers in Music Ed

Thursday
9:00-9:50 Beginning Jazz Dance
1:00-2:50 Band
3:00-3:50 Trigonometry

Friday
8:00-8:50 Econ
9:00-9:50 English
12:00-12:50 Psychology

And then I'll probably have private lessons on Saturday. And I'm taking an online health course, which shouldn't be too hard.

And then Sarah left the next day, Friday. And came back on Sunday. So I was Sarah-less for the weekend. She left for her brother's (Mark's) wedding. Aw, good times. That was a lonely, boring weekend, though. However, I did watch some movies that were being shown on TV. Titanic a couple of times, Enough a couple of times, A Walk to Remember... oh, good times. That's a sweet movie. Like, in a tender way. Oh, and I also had a pre-Thanksgiving dinner at Jeffrey and Debbie's house on Sunday evening. It was really crowded for their little place. But it was good food. They had turkey and mashed potatoes, of course. And I don't remember what else, 'cause that's probably all that I had. And then I had some chocolate pie. That was also pretty good stuff.

Tuesday was fantastically a Friday. Had all of Friday's classes. So I liked to think of it as a Friday, with several Saturdays that come afterwards. Good. Times. And Sarah and I went to computer science at 9:00, since our schedules allowed it. So we were finished with classes by 11:00. Whoo! Aweseomeness. And then my family came to visit a few hours later. We met them at the BYU Bookstore. Really good times! Oh, and Chanelle got her hair cut, so it's cute and short. She looks adorable! Then we went shopping for a while, for shirts and hoodies and stuff. That... took a long time. And I didn't really get anything, so it seemed even longer. But I was with my family! Really good times! And then we went and had some ice cream. Well, my mom, Cody, and I had hot chocolate. Mmm... good stuff. Hot at first, but yummy. Oh, yeah, we also met up with our cousins in the bookstore after a while. And then, after visiting the dorms and everything, we headed off to my grandparents' house. We've been here since Tuesday. Jeffrey and Debbie came on Wednesday, I believe. And we're having good times together. Thanksgiving dinner last night. Mmm... I pretty much just had turkey and mashed potatoes. So... yummy... yeah, delicious. I also had a cinnamon roll and an orange roll. The cinnamon rolls... are absolutely delightful. Thanksgiving dinner's great.

And apparently, this morning Sammy had her baby! Aww! So exciting! And at least she waited until after Thanksgiving dinner, right? He was born at 6:55 this morning. 19 inches long. 7 pounds, 11 ounces. And probably one of the cutest little guys ever, though I haven't seen him yet. His name is Ashton. Ashton David Jacobson. Aw... isn't it cute? I like the name, anyway. So now I'm an aunt! I'll bet he's just adorable... though, to be honest, I was rooting for a December birthday, like mine. But I guess I'll let it go. Besides, David and Sammy did want him to come sooner than that. :P November 23, 2007. Oh, kind of weird. Never lived in the 1900s! Poor guy. He's missing out. :) Anyway... yeah, I'm excited about that. Good times all around. And congrats, Sammy and David! Everyone's so happy for you! :D

No comments: