Thursday, November 8, 2007

Go Team!

Well, yesterday I woke up and thought it was Friday. Shoot... I do things like that all the time. I swear, I can hardly ever get the day of the week right. :P Anyway, classes were nothing special. Same ol', same ol'. So, nothing really to talk about there. Last night I also went to a concert. Dr. Hinckley, my Music 101 professor, was in it. He plays clarinet. Really well. He is the clarinet instructor, after all. And he was accompanied by piano. It was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, today was one of those lonely days - emotionally, at least. School-wise, though, today was great. The usual Thursday classes - two hours of band followed by American Heritage lab. Normally I have to catch up on the reading material in the morning before I go to the lab, but today we got full credit on the quiz just for going to class. Which I knew beforehand. So... I woke up at the same time as Sarah to shower, then went back to sleep while she did homework. It might seem weird to do that, but often when I get up by myself to shower, I'm scared the whole time. Apparently somehow just knowing that she's in another shower makes it a little better. Stupid fear of... everything. Anyway, so I got up and showered. Then went back to sleep. Then had breakfast with Sarah, then tried to go back to sleep again. I think I did, eventually. Which most likely means I did. :) Then we had lunch. And then I considered going back to sleep. But I didn't. Regardless, it was a good, sleep-y morning.

Band was fun today. I always like band, but today the Dixieland Band played with us, 'cause we're playing this Dixieland Concerto thing. It consists of piano, a drumset, a clarinet, a trombone, and a trumpet. And the piece is like, jazzy solo mania for them. My part is boring to the max, but I could just sit there and listen to them play it all day. Er... maybe not all day. Whatever. It was cool-sounding.

Then there was another football game tonight, against TCU. On a Thursday night... and no, I did not go. But we did win. 27-22, or something like that. Although, the Allen team also had a game tonight, against Plano East. It was actually broadcast on TV, but unfortunately, we don't get that chanel on the BYU network. :( But Rachel kept me filled in, and the end score was 63-35, I believe. Go us! We're goin' to the playoffs! And apparently they said on TV that we wouldn't be playing Southlake this year. Holy freakin' cravitz!!! That... is... I mean, it figures something like that'd happen right when I get out of high school. For the love. On the other hand, that'd mean we actually have a shot at state this year. And I think the first game at state would be on like... the 22nd of December. It might be a game that I could actually go to! Whooooo! I've always wanted to be able to come back for a visit at one of the Allen football games, but never thought it'd be possible, being up here at BYU. And that's my birthday. What a great present that'd be. :D

1 comment:

~Rachel~ said...

Heck yeah it would be! Oh man, it was so nice chatting with you and sharing the game- we should do stuff like that more often!

Here's to a season of victory and the State Finals! Cheers!