Monday, November 5, 2007

Reflection

So, this morning I woke up at about 7:00. (Which was really like 8:00 to my body clock, I'm sure.) I was supposed to meet with Tom at 8:00 so we could prepare the lesson we had to give in Sunday school today. So I dutifully got out of my warm, cozy bed, and hit the shower. After which, I threw on a sweater and went to the lobby we were to meet in. But, as he did last time, apparently he slept in a little. At about 5 'til 9:00, he texted me, saying that he was so sorry and would be there as soon as he could. Rats. Even though it was a very slim chance, I was hoping so hard that maybe he'd sleep too long and we wouldn't be able to get a lesson together (what we'd do after that, I'm not sure), or maybe something had happened that I hadn't found out about... and then I'd use that as an excuse to worm my way out of giving a lesson this week. In my head I shun my calling in any way possible. :) But we got together at about 9:30-ish, and finished in less time than it took us last time (thank goodness). When we actually taught our lesson, I think it went alright. Like normal. So... good times? At least we don't have to teach next week. We get to watch the other teachers suffer instead. :)

But since today was fast Sunday, the cafeteria didn't open until three, which is coincidentally what time my ward gets out of church. Unfortunately, it also means that it is crowded beyond belief at that time, because everyone is starving. So we have to wait in lines for everything, and the poor people that work there are trying to keep up with all the people and doing their best not to run out of food. Not to mention you can hardly move through all the people, and there's basically no seats anywhere. But eventually we got our food, and sat down somewhere. Alright. Sadly, Sarah is kinda sick today, so even if she was really hungry, I don't know how full she was when she stopped eating. *shrug* It sucks to be sick. I really hope she feels better soon. Not to mention, I hope I don't get sick from her. :P

Something that bothers me from time to time is when I feel lonely. Granted, I do have Sarah here, and I'm glad I do. And even though many people seem to think that rooming with such a close friend can only lead to disaster, we're still friends (so far... *wink*). But that doesn't always keep me from feeling alone. But... alas, that's part of the college experience for a lot of people, right? Missing old friends, missing family... Maybe I just need some time to figure myself out. Where I'm headed, what I'll do, it can all be so confusing. And maybe, just maybe, someone will be generous enough to take me on a date or two along the way. Maybe I just need to try harder to make more friends. It's just... so hard. I guess before I can find other people I need to find myself first.

1 comment:

~Rachel~ said...

Aww- Fluff! :) I'm sorry you feel lonely, my darling- I do too at times. But it doesn't last forever. Be very happy you have Sarah there: it's gotta be really nice that you have someone to remanice with. I mean, it's just weird: I talk about home and Allen around here, and people, while being very nice about listening, take a "smile and nod" approach to it all. I mean, how would they understand coming from a band of 600, whe we're the only ones who have? Idk.... Just remember your old friends have certainly NOT abandoned you, and I'm only a phone call away any time you need me. :) <3 u!!