Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fall Back

Okay, start with Thursday. Let's see... band was normal. I had yet another American Heritage TA lab. Normally I read the assigned material on Thursday mornings for the quiz in the lab, but this time I didn't read any of it before band. I more or less skimmed through it during band. But I still got four out of five points. Good thing we're just doing basics of economics right now, so the questions aren't as hard. Whoo!

That night, I also worked on a computer science lab. That was frustrating. Yes, I could figure out how I was supposed to do things, but only because Sarah held my hand through the whole freaking program. (Not literally...) But I couldn't do it on my own. Not even the very beginning. *sigh* And it was due on Friday, so I was going to turn it in then (which wouldn't give me *extra credit* for turning it early, but whatever). Turns out I still didn't have everything figured out before Sarah left for marching band, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it on my own. And I was not going to stay there and get help from the TAs... there were so many people, there's no telling how long I'd be waiting. So by the time Sarah figured out how to fix it for me, the lab was closed. So I'd have to take away extra points I had from before, and turn it in late. Which, I still didn't get it turned in today (I was unthoughtful enough to not bother checking what time the lab closes on Saturdays), so I'll have to turn it in yet another day later.

Yesterday, I yet again neglected to read the chapter for Physical Science. Oopsie. Only this time in class, there were only two questions that I can remember. One of them the professor ended as I was walking in, 'cause I'm usually a couple minutes late and it's never really made any difference, so I didn't get the chance to answer it. Which, didn't really matter, because with that little amount of time that I would've had walking in, I would've just entered A real quick as my answer, and I think the right one was actually D. Ah, well. Then the only other question was whether we had read, which of course, I put no. Wonderful. That's okay. Provided I don't get no credit the rest of the year (wow, that was supposed to make sense, not sound hick), it should work out, because the lowest ten of those quiz grades are dropped. Just... get some right. Yeah!

Then, as usual on Fridays, I had a break where I normally have Book of Mormon. So I went to the instrument office in the HFAC and bought some instrument supplies I needed - oil, slide grease, French horn string, tuner/metronome... good stuff. Then I headed over to the bookstore. The past little while I've been in more and more need of shampoo and hairspray. I'm not completely out of shampoo yet, but nearly. And I pretty much pushed the rest of my hairspray to the limit. Now I'm refreshed. Ahh... relief.

I also thought that yesterday I might have to take my next Book of Mormon midterm, 'cause that's what it said in the syllabus. So why would I think otherwise? But apparently it's actually on like, the 12th. Not that I'm complaining, because I was not ready for the test, but I don't know how I was supposed to know that. Maybe he announced that in class sometime, but I didn't know because half the time I'm just trying really hard not to fall asleep. That would make sense.

This morning I had breakfast with Trevin, Jeffrey, Debbie, and two of my cousins (Cameron and Danny). At Jeffrey and Debbie's house. They made us French toast, scrambled eggs, and bacon. It was great. Especially the bacon. I'm a sucker for that. :) It was nice, though. When I went home, I had a private lesson, then sat around for a while and watched some Smallville. Good stuff.

Then there was the football game, BYU vs CSU (Colorado State). We pretty much owned. Though I didn't go. Again. I figured out after going to the first couple of games that I don't much like going to them. Even if I go with Trevin, it's almost like I go by myself. Sort of. It'd be fun if I were in the marching band, but otherwise, I won't go to many. *shrug* Then I went to a concert tonight. Brass Chamber Night. Three different brass quintets performed. It was pretty good. The middle part of the concert I was falling asleep... but the last piece was an awesome-sounding contemporary piece. I loved it.

Oh, and remember to set your clocks back an hour for Daylight Savings Time - spring forward, fall back! It's a good thing my mom reminded me, else I'd have forgotten. One more hour of sleep. Yay sleep!

No comments: