Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Such Excitement

So, I had yet another tutoring time for TOPS this morning. The class I help with just got a new girl. And apparently she's only on about a second grade math level, and this is a third grade class. So, needless to say, she's struggling to keep up with the normal pace of the class. So I worked with her the whole time. And believe me... she does need the extra help. Plenty of it. I had to help her with a little bit of multiplication and division, and I pretty much had to walk her through every little detail about it. If I ever asked her a quesiton about it, she would just kind of sit there, and I'd eventually have to tell her anyway. Poor girl. I feel bad for her. I hope that with some time she'll catch up.

Tonight I also had an American Heritage test. Ick. I actually kind of enjoy the class, I just don't like the tests at all. They have a few options, and then either a bunch of different combinations of those options, or they just throw in 'All of the above' and 'None of the above'. So I have to be pretty presice in whether I'm sure about the answer choices. Blech. And for this test, I really didn't feel like I knew the material as well as the last test, which I got 57% on (which curved to a C, I think... blessed curve). Except for all the econ stuff we've recently been going over. That was pretty darn easy stuff. Very basic. But somehow I managed 62% on this test. Good stuff. With any luck, it'll curve to a better letter grade than a C, but that all just depends on other people in the class... *crosses fingers*

Oh, and I feel compelled to mention this, even though some may not really get it, or some may not really care... but whatever. So I go to these forums on this website a lot, called Kokiri Kids. I'm a moderator there. It's fantastic. So, anyway, the old administrator (Kokiri Kid) hasn't been active at all lately, and people have been wondering about him. Just a couple of days ago, he decided he wasn't able to keep up with the site anymore, and he sold it to this other guy (that none of us have heard of or seen before), who goes by Shafty. So, now Shafty owns the site, and Shafty is the new administrator. And there's a lot of talk going on about it right now. It's kind of a big deal. Kokiri Kid will still come around from time to time, but... it won't ever be quite the same. And I'm kind of sad, even taken aback a little. But hopefully this Shafty guy will be a good guy. I just love it there, and there have been some great times. *reminisces*

No comments: