Friday, November 9, 2007

Change is Inevitable...

Ahh... this morning was somewhat on the depressing side, for some reason. I just felt so annoyed and angry at the world. It's hard to say exactly why. However, my day did improve.

During my break between Physical Science and Music 101, I decided to head over to the BYU Bookstore. It's always fun to just look around. Although, sometimes it really makes me want to buy stuff. Luckily, I almost never carry around money with me. I often see cool books I'd like to get, or I wander into the place where they have a bunch of board games and things... speaking of which, today I found a Nintendo Monopoly game. Wow, that'd be really fun to have. It even has cool little Nintendo figures... forget that dog everyone wants to be, there's Link's shield, a classic Nintendo controller... ah, good times. Thing is, I don't play Monopoly nearly enough to pay the $36 it asked for on the sticker. But, I enjoyed looking anyway.

After lunch... oh, actually, speaking of lunch... for at least the past two days, the food selection in the cafeteria has been less than satisfactory. At least for me. I can manage with some of the foods, but they haven't lately had something that looks really good, like they often do, out of all the choices. But... I'll get over it. Eventually, they'll have something delicious again. :P

So, after that... Oh, I got a letter from Rachel in the mail today! Really good times... there's just nothing quite like getting a letter in the mail (something other than junk). It just made my day brighter. Except... actually, the letter did draw tears from my eyes. I realized, once again, that things will never be the same. Ever again. I'll never be able to go back to high school. Never be able to do all those things we did together in high school. As great as it was to move on, I think I took some things for granted. And I can only assume that things are going to keep on changing. People will change. I will change. And there's no going back. It really makes me sad to think about. I guess I'm one of those people that isn't particularly fond of change. Change just makes me look back at the past, and think about how it'll never be the same. And as much as I'd like to, I'll never have that time back. I suppose the better thing to do would be to move on, and look forward, to the future, but... *sigh* Okay, stop making yourself feel depressed again, Ashley. Really, it was a fabulous letter. I loved it. :D

Oh, and I think I may feel a cold coming on. I can only hope I'm wrong. Probably all Sarah's fault. [/teasing]

1 comment:

Sammy said...

It's interesting to see that you and David kind of feel the same about change. He likes to have one plan and to follow it and it's hard for him to leave things behind. That being said I totally understand where you're coming from. But just remember the BEST is yet to come! Whatever it may be...