Thursday, January 10, 2008

Catch-Up

Okay... it's been so long since my last update, I can't even begin to catch up. Hopefully I'll hit most of the highlights.

Final exams. For the most part, they actually went pretty well. Decent grades for my first semester, overall.

Then I went home for Christmas break, for about two and a half weeks. And seriously, I know I'm really enjoying myself if I don't mind being away from my laptop for at least an entire day. And I went at least two or three, at first. Yeah, I loved being home.

My birthday was great. Now I'm 19. Yeah... strange. The weirder part is, in less than a year I'll be 20. Seriously, that's like... much older than I feel or act, that's for sure. :P And then Christmas, three days later. Also splendid. Which is particularly odd, because I don't really use the word splendid... ever. In any case, I got some cool things... a few movies, a couple CDs, a webcam (to my utter surprise - aren't they expensive???), and then the usual - clothes, snacks, calendar... etc, etc.

Now I'm in a new semester. I started in a Careers in Music Education class, because I thought I might want to do that as a major/career. As it turns out, I ended up dropping the class. And decided to major in music therapy. Finally, I think I know what my plan is. Since BYU doesn't offer the major, though, I'll be getting a BA in general music here, and then I'll go to another school - right now I'm considering Sam Houston State - and do a music therapy equivalency program there. So then I went through the trouble of completely re-planning my schedule for the next three years, and I may have finally gotten it figured out. Though, that's what I always say, and I tend to end up changing it quite a few more times. Whatev... we'll see.

The bad thing about this new semester is that I already really want to go back home... I sometimes just don't have the will to go to class, to do the work... which is definitely not a good thing. I guess I'll just have to survive the semester, and then I'll get to go home again. *sigh* I just miss playing with my family.

Also, Trevin is nearly engaged to his girlfriend, Kalisha Roberts. He's just waiting 'til he gets the ring. That's pretty awesome. We've had a wedding once every year, in the summer, starting with David... and after Trevin this summer, I'm next. o_0 Or... maybe I should just hope for a date by then. Allison is also engaged. Which seems way weirder! I guess just because I've been good friends with her, as opposed to Trevin, who's always been a couple of years older than me... little Allison, all growed up. When the heck did that happen?? :P So, her new name will be Allison Dredge. Different... I'll have to get used to that idea. The exciting part is that I'm one of her bridesmaids. ^^

Other than all of that... I can't think of anything else of much significance. Except that the cafeteria hasn't had Hawaiian haystacks at all so far this semester. Yeah, I'm pretty peeved. It's like... the best meal ever. Or, close to it. It's probably in my top five. Maybe. The point is, it's delicious, and I want it back. :P

1 comment:

~Rachel~ said...

"Whatev... we'll see."

AHH!! I'm rubbing off on you!! :P

Anyway, I'm so happy that you have a concrete plan and whatnot in your life, and that's really exciting about being one of Alison's bridesmaids! Good luck with that, love!