Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pretty Nice Day After All

So, this morning was interesting.

Sarah and I woke up at 6:30 to shower, as usual. Then I went back to sleep for a bit while she did sight-singing homework. And then I guess she usually sleeps for a tiny bit after she's done with that. So then she woke up at like... I dunno, 8? And started panicking. See, she had a pace test in her music dictation class, which is her first class. So I just assumed that for some reason her test was at 8, and her normal class time would still be at 9. Apparently she forgot that her class starts at 9, because last semester it was at 8... so basically, she left as fast as she could, and ended up going late to an earlier class... but it all worked out okay in the end.

After my jazz dance class, I had a conference with my English teacher about my opinion editorial essay. It went much better than I had expected, saying as my draft was probably supposed to be three pages, like the final copy is supposed to be. And my first draft is one. Because I did it the morning it was due, and I didn't know how "draft" to make it, because we still had another draft due later. So yeah, anyway, it went quite well. She thought it was a good topic, and that I had some good ideas. I just need to put them all down on paper. Yay.

Oh, and before that, I went to the library to get a copy of Strauss's first concerto for horn, for my lessons. They gave me the information I needed to find it, and sent me off. Not long after, I felt completely lost looking for it. At first, I wound up in some Korean/Asian studies section... and then wandered over to the music section. I still couldn't find it, so I went back, and they guided me to where it was located. Turns out it wasn't hard to find at all, I just didn't look in any of the right places. Seriously, it's a good thing I don't have to go to the library very often. That place is gigantic.

The even better part of today was that they had Hawaiian haystacks again! ^^ Granted, the rice did have beans in it for some reason, but I'll go with it. I was so happy...

No comments: