Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Phone Drama

So, Monday... well, Monday wasn't the best day of all. After all of my classes, I came back to my dorm room and sat down at my computer, as usual. And my phone was in the charger still, even though it was fully charged. So, I'm just sitting there, and I accidentally hit the cable with my foot. It pulls the phone off of my desk, and falls to the ground. Normally, I don't think this would've been the most horrible thing ever, but the poor thing had already been damaged for several months. As soon as it hit the ground, it just busted. Broke clean in half. I think I was probably a bit stressed or overwhelmed already, given that finals are just barely around the corner, etc. So I pick up my phone, try and put it back together, but it just doesn't work anymore, and finally start crying. I'd just had enough. I tried to keep my composure, but it just didn't work too well. I just broke down. And then I tried using our dorm room phone, and I couldn't figure it out, for some reason, no matter how hard I tried. (Turns out it can't make long-distance calls without a calling card or something.) I suddenly felt so cut off from a lot of people. It was pretty lousy.

So then, yesterday, Jeffrey and I went to a Sprint store to exchange my now completely broken phone (although I put it together so it looked like it was still whole, though I have no clue if that actually made a difference) for a new phone, since the contract that goes for every two years was up (this month, conveniently), and I was able to exchange phones for free or cheap, depending on the new phone. So I picked a nice phone that was free, and was able to transfer over my old phone numbers. And now I'm in love with my new phone. It's just beautiful. And has a camera. It's a very lovely phone. Granted, I still have an attachment to my old broken one. After all we've been through... we just have this bond. I know, with a phone. I can't bring myself to throw it away. So, I still have my old one, just for good times, and I now have this sweet new one. So, it all worked out well enough.

I took my physical science exam last night. Which was odd, because our finals don't really start until Monday of next week. But hey, I'm not going to complain. I think it's a good thing - now I don't have to worry about studying for that final while I'm studying for all of my other ones. I ended up getting an 83% on it (without the few points for the short answer part at the end, but I don't know how much that counts for). Which is... meh. *shrug* I would've really liked for it to have been better, but I guess it could've been considerably worse, too. So... meh. I don't know exactly what I have for a final grade in there, but I'm estimating that it's either a B or a B+. Since I don't think I managed an A- (sad), I'm hoping for that B+. Better than the former, I suppose.

Today was also my last day of classes. Tomorrow is the official last day, but I don't have any classes. Good. Times. So, now that all of my classes are over, I get to look forward to next week, a fun-filled final exam-fest. Yay. I'll just be really happy when it's over. And then I'll go home... and have my birthday... and Christmas... and be with my family... and see my friends... yayness all over the place. And I think there's a pretty good chance of working mostly box office at work when I get back, so that is most definitely a good thing. Much more tolerable than working concession, especially when it's busy, and especially on Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.