Friday, March 14, 2008

Pi Day

Today started out so promising.

I woke up early, to work on my issue paper for English. I thought the first draft was due today, but I found out that it's not due until next Friday. So, that's pretty awesome. I love sleep.

And today was just cool because it's pi day. Good times.

But my grandma, Nana Jake, passed away today... we all knew it was going to happen soon. In fact, we didn't expect her to last as long as she did. But it doesn't make it go away. She was diagnosed with cancer - throat cancer, I believe it was - less than a year ago. Unfortunately, it was already pretty far along. And I've been visiting my grandparents' house a few times recently with my family, to help out, and to be with her just a little longer before she went. The thing is, the way she's been living recently, it was much better for her to leave us. And we all wanted it for her. And I know that she's so happy now. I do. But it's still hard for the rest of us, because now she's just... gone. I loved her so much. And her heart was so filled with love for everyone. It's so hard to think that she's not here anymore.

I have to be honest, school just feels pointless right now. Everything does. But I guess I have to keep on working anyway.

I love you, Nana. I'll miss you so much.

1 comment:

~Rachel~ said...

Oh Fluff.... I'm so sorry. You're in my prayers. I don't know what to say, just that I'm here if you want/need to talk. :(