Thursday, March 13, 2008

Holy Cravitz

So yeah... I keep thinking I have an idea of what I'm going to do, but I keep feeling undecided. So, I think I'll take a little break from thinking. At all. Man, wouldn't that be nice. :P Anyway...

So last night I started working. I was hired as a custodian in the Cannon Center, where the cafeteria is. So I'm thinking, clean the floors, wash the windows, take out the trash, all that jazz... all in the man area of the building. Turns out, I work back where all the food is made, and the dishes are washed, and we clean pretty much everything back there. It's kind of like when I worked concession at the movie theater, and we could just leave some things for the janitors to clean after we left... now I get to be that lucky person who cleans after people leave. But it's really not that bad. I'm on a custodial team of four people - three guys, and me. That's pretty cool, I think. Plus there's several people who work after closing also, to clean up. In Tomassito's, the pizza place in the Cannon Center, and Cosmo's Connections, where I like to buy snacks. So after we finish our stuff, we help them out until they're done. Or... something along those lines. So it's not too bad, but my feet do hurt after working. I don't mind it too much right now, but I feel I may like work less and less as I keep doing it. But who knows, maybe this is one of those things that as I work more, it'll grow on me more. *shrug* At least I get paid more than I do at the theater. :P

You know what's kind of funny to me, I guess, is that I keep forgetting completely about spring break. Most other people have it around now, but BYU doesn't have a spring break. Which, in the end, is okay with me, because I just get to go home sooner instead of being up here for an extra week. (Even if it would be a fun, non-school week.) But I just keep forgetting that it exists. :P Eh, what can you do...

So, there's this concert I want to go to at the end of this month in Salt Lake City called Video Games Live. It looks so ridiculously awesome. It'd be 40 bucks... and that's nothing to sneeze at... (seriously, who wants to sneeze at any amount of money anyway?) ...but I am really wanting to go. And my cousin is going, so I could get a ride with him and his friends, if they go. I don't know if this would delay my Wii-buying at all or not. But if it does, I can deal with it. This one looks like a definite winner to me.

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I'd totally stay at a job where the ratio is 3:1 and you are the girl! That NEVER happens at BYU- take full advantage. I can't believe it pays more than the theatre that's awesome!
Also I think you're right not to worry about thinking anymore - I mean who says you have to decide your life plan your freshman year of college? Enjoy your undecided freedom for as long as you can! I can't wait till your home so we can play!