Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Few Downers

Well, Thursday they had Hawaiian haystacks, as I would hope... but we got there at about 7:45, and it was all put away and being washed and everything! What the flipping heck? The darn place closes at 8! And I ended up leaving at 8, and everything else was still out, not even starting to be put away yet... seriously, what's their problem?? I was... angry. I'm planning to put a note of complaint in their suggestion box, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Conveniently, my lesson on Saturday was canceled, due to President Hinckley's funeral service. Convenient, because I had only practiced... once. And that one day of practice turned out to be pointless anyway, because I tried to practice a piece by Strauss, which turns out to be a bit difficult to read in some parts, because it's like... a copy of the hand-written thing, I guess. So I'm done with that until my lesson, where I'll complain to my teacher and make her help me. :P

Sunday really wasn't a great day. That morning, Sarah and I slept in (to my surprise - I thought Sarah would set her alarm or something... but apparently she decided otherwise) past Stake Conference. Which was not a bad thing - in fact, I was quite pleased. I know, bad me. Whatev. I got up, while Sarah was still sleeping... and had a chat with Rachel that was just lovely. Sure... that works. Sarah ended up sleeping in until like... 1? Or so? I don't even remember. I was surprised, but apparently she stayed up until like, 3 or 4. I think it was 4. Crazy. The worst part of the day was when I was getting up and dressed for the day, and trying to put in earrings. I was standing in front of the mirror, 'cause that's what I do, which is at the sink... and I didn't get the earring in, and it fell into the sink, and slid right down the drain. Noo!! That pair of earrings is probably my favorite... or rather, was my favorite. At that point, I could barely take it. I just stood there over the sink, trying my hardest not to cry over it. To no avail. The tears fell, and went right down the drain with my poor earring. Not good times.

Monday didn't have a great start either. I was trying to print an assignment for my Family History/Genealogy class the night before, and it wouldn't print. The dumbest thing. It just wouldn't let me select a printer. So Monday morning, we wake up a few minutes early so that I can go to the open access computer lab in the Cannon Center and print it there. And I can't get it to print there either. What the freaking heck. (I discovered why by today, but that's a different story). So I'm going to have to ask my teacher if I can turn it in even later (it was already acceptably late, because I added the class late), which I assumed would be okay. And it was. But there was this thing in class that apparently is a rare opportunity, and we had to bring a pedigree chart if we wanted to participate in it. And it was extra credit. And I couldn't print the chart! So yeah, I was really upset about that. It turned out, the people who came to our class had forms for people who didn't bring their pedigree charts, so that we could still be a part of it. Good. Times. Made my day a whole lot better.

And today... well, I had a test in my jazz dance class over our hip-hop routine. And normally I can do well enough that I feel pretty good about it, while we're just going over it. But I don't think I did as well for the actual test. And there was one part where I kind of slipped because apparently I was shaking.

The good thing is, instead of band, I had another sectional. Which is good times, because I enjoy it more, and it's much shorter. Yay. I just hope the cafeteria has something yummy for dinner. They've been lacking for quite a few days now.

No comments: