Friday, December 7, 2007

Race to the Finish

...and by the way, I did not intentionally copy Rachel's blog title for this one. Just a happy coincidence. :)

So, I got my computer science midterm back on Wednesday. Sad, sad day. It basically killed me, and then brought me back to life, just to kill me again. Yeah... it's pretty sad, when you think about it... these midterms are supposed to be a measure of how well you're doing when you're on your own, and that just goes to show... that I'm apparently not doing well by myself. I'm just really hoping that I'll be able to get a grip on the final.

So, the other day, I don't remember which one :P, I went to the BYU Bookstore to start my Christmas shopping. I have Chanelle's name for Christmas, which means that whatever present I get for her is supposed to be bigger/more expensive. Everyone else just gets normal presents. But, since I didn't come across anything big or expensive that I thought would be good for Chanelle, I decided to just buy her several smaller things that added up. And then I bough presents for everyone else. Well, nearly everyone else, anyway. And then I went Christmas shopping again today, to get a few more things for other people, and... yikes. Buying gifts for so many people adds up fast. Over $100. If I were an only child, I wouldn't be spending so much money. :P Aw, but I love my family. And it makes me happy to buy presents for them.

And now I can't wait until Christmas. And my birthday. Same diff. :P It'll be so fun. I can't wait to be home for it all. Except... I can definitely wait to go back to work for the holidays. Blech. I wish people didn't feel the need to see so many movies on Christmas day. C'mon, guys, really. Be with your family, enjoy your presents... I don't care. Just don't bother me. :P

Classes are coming to an end so quickly! Our last day of class is this coming Thursday. Which is actually awesome, because I don't have anything that day, so Wednesday is my last day. Potentially I could use Thursday to get a good head start on my cramming... er... studying, but... we'll just see that goes. Hopefully I'll study at least a little.

Last night, I was really looking forward to having Hawaiian haystacks for dinner, mmm..., but lo and behold, last night was a themed night, based on the Polar Express. And even though it wasn't terrible, and it definitely could've been worse... dinner wasn't all that spectacular. Bummer. I really wanted Hawaiian haystacks. I guess I'll have to wait until next week. *sigh* Oh well. :P

And speaking of TV, which I obviously wasn't, I'm going to go and watch some more Smallville. I'm almost on Season 4. And I'll eat yummily-delicious popcorn. Mmm... when my family came up here for Thanksgiving, my mom gave me a whole bunch of popcorn. Absolutely wonderful.

No comments: