Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let It Snow!

Today I woke up, looked out the window, and lo and behold, snow! Apparently it hadn't been snowing for too terribly long, 'cause there wasn't a whole lot on the ground yet, but it was snowing anyway! The walkways were mostly slushy, though. You take a step and the slush-snow bursts out from under your foot. Kind of exciting to watch, actually. So, anyway, I went to my private lesson this morning. Which, I can only assume, is my last lesson of the semester. Saying as the last day of class is this Thursday. Yay! The only thing is, I have a recital on Monday... blech. Not looking forward to that. Definitely. Not.

After my lesson, I stopped by the bookstore once more... no, I didn't go crazy with buying things... :P I just needed to pick up something for Rachel. But as I was leaving my lesson, the snowflakes were so huge! I swear, some of them were as big as my thumb! It kept slowing down, to the point where I thought it'd stop snowing, and then it'd just start snowing like crazy. So... yeah. Crazy. I am so not used to this. :P

Other than the awe-inducing amounts of snowfall today, not much has been going on. Oh, but I did get a package from Rachel (Hay)! That was really good times. She sent me a CD that contained a mix of all her favorite songs by Michael Buble. And he's actually pretty good. I like it. Heck, I like all music. So this was great. :) Not to mention I absolutely love getting mail. It's just wonderful. Definitely a day-maker.

This afternoon our ward met to go to Temple Square, watch a Joseph Smith movie, and walk the temple grounds. We were all going to take two charter buses to get there. But the second one apparently got lost or something. So the stragglers that had been waiting on the second one, myself and Sarah included, headed back inside. Supposedly the next bus would be there in about twenty minutes. Everyone was just hanging out for a while in the lobby. So Sarah and I just chilled for a bit in our room, and after about twenty minutes, we ventured outside again. As we passed the lobby, nobody was there. We stepped outside, and no one was there, either. Cravitz. After looking for maybe a minute, we determined that we had been left behind. Which wasn't a big deal in retrospect, because it was just a "come if you want to" kind of thing. But still, I think I would've enjoyed it. Ah, well... I'll get over it.

No comments: