Saturday, August 2, 2008

To San Antonio!

So, I finally saw The Dark Knight the other day. It was really good. A little creepy, but great. I wasn't disappointed.

A week from tomorrow I have the great pleasure of leading the music in Sacrament meeting at church. And since you can't tell just by reading that, that was sarcastic. :P I already conduct the music during Relief Society, which is significantly less frightening, because there aren't so many people in there. But Becca Hay asked me if I could do it, since she'll be out of town, so of course I agreed. And you know what, it seems intimidating, but it'll be fine. In the end, I don't mind.

I also bought a DS Lite a few days ago. Sweet! It's so nice in comparison to the old DS (sometimes referred to as the DS Phat :). I decided on the white one, even though there was a decent selection at Target - Cody has black, Chanelle has pink, and the others they had were white, blue, and red. Of course, Mom liked the red one the best. The blue one was also cool. But white just looks so... nice? I don't know. I just like it. So now I'm hoping to sell my old one. If anyone who reads this (who is local) knows someone who would be interested in buying it, let me know. It still works fine and everything, so if I don't sell it before I leave for school, hopefully I'll be able to do so when I'm at BYU.

Later, also at Target, Mom and I decided to get a new bedspread and sheets for my bed, since the old bedspread I had is, well, getting old. I ended up keeping the same blue color that my walls are painted, for the sheets, and getting brown for the bedspread. We're now thinking of painting a part of my walls brown, and leaving the rest blue. So yeah... I like it.

Tomorrow, I leave with my family to go to San Antonio! Tomorrow we'll go to the River Walk, and probably will see the Alamo. From what I hear, it's no big deal, really, but at least I'll finally be able to say that I've seen it. The next two days, we'll be at Sea World, which is awesome! I've been twice in the past, on band trips, and I loved it. I can't wait to go again. The shows are cool, and the rides are great. The two days following that, we'll be going to Schlitterbahn, about an hour away. I've never been, but I've heard that it's a really neat water park. Then we come home Friday, afternoon-ish, I'm guessing.

That Friday evening, I'll be going to Allison's reception. She'll be married! It still blows me away. I can accept the fact, but when I really think about it, it's still so weird. When did we ever grow up so much?

1 comment:

Trevin and Kalisha said...

Ashley, that all sounds like so much fun! I am extremely jealous of your impending vacation. Good luck on painting your room, I haven't done that in so long and I don't think we're allowed to in our apartment since it is owned by somebody else :( Say hi to the fam for me, we love you!