Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back Again, Leaving Again

First off, the trip to San Antonio was fantastic. When we went to see the Alamo, I was actually pleasantly surprised. After hearing from so many people that it really wasn't a big deal and wasn't very big, I had settled on the idea that while it might not be much to look at, it was still an important piece of Texas history. But it was actually cooler than I had expected.

We then went to the River Walk, which is great. We ended up eating at Café Olé, which happens to be the same place I went to with Alex and Rachel R. on the band trip our Freshman year. Oh, it brought back memories. Only, this time Rachel wasn't there freaking out about the time and thinking we'd be late, even though a table or two away from us were some of the chaperones. :) There was also a small Mexican band, I guess you could say, who ended up playing The Devil Went Down To Georgia for us. It was awesome.

Sea World was wonderful, of course. The first day, we did mostly animal shows, which were great. The second day we did mostly rides. It was interesting, actually... the first day we went, we had to take our passes that we had purchased online and printed off, and we also had our thumbprints scanned. The second day was the same, and when I scanned my thumb again, the screen said that my bio didn't match. For a moment, I was like... what?? I swear, I didn't change myself or my thumb between yesterday and now... and then I think the guy pushed some button or something and it was fine.

Schlitterbahn was really fun, and I'd never been before. We had half a day the first day, and were there all day the following day. It was really fun, and it's been a long time since I've been to a water park. Also, the Master Blaster was awesome. I'd never ridden an uphill waterslide before, but it was so cool. In both ways, actually. It was great, and it was cold. But we had a lot of fun.

Ever since we got home, leaving for college has seemed to come closer and closer, and now the day is here. I'm leaving tomorrow, after we go to church. We're going for the first hour, and then leaving early so that we can have dinner together before I leave. I can't believe school's already about to start. I'm looking forward to it in a few ways, but it's definitely very bittersweet. It's hard to leave home. When I do get there, though, I'm planning to stay with Jeffrey and Debbie for a few days, maybe a week, until I can move into my apartment. I can move in sooner, but it costs money before the 30th. Not a lot, but still, money is money. I'm just glad Jeffrey and Debbie are willing to let me stay there for however long. After a week of marching band, classes start. We have that Monday off, for Labor Day, and we start on Tuesday. And once that comes... it'll be a busy semester.

So for now, I've just been packing and enjoy my last few days at home. Packing has been oh so fun, of course. Right... but at least I haven't had to work since Tuesday.

Oh yeah, and Chanelle's birthday was on Thursday... which was fun. I can't believe she's 12 now. She'll be in Young Women now. She's growing up... *sniff* I supposed we all have to, sometime or another. I wonder when I will... :)

1 comment:

Sammy said...

You're back at school!
How's it going so far.
Now you HAVE to keep your blog updated so David & I know how you're doing.