Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mission Call

After a very long week of waiting for my mission call to come, it came in the mail on Thursday!

I wanted to open it with my family, so I had to wait until the time that worked best for everyone, which turned out to be 8pm Thursday night. It was a long day, but the time finally came.

Though the original plan was to open it at Jeffrey and Debbie's apartment, we decided that afternoon that we would all just come to my apartment for the event. So the crowd ended up consisting of Jeffrey, Debbie, Trevin, as well as my roommates Jessica, Serena, and Lyssandra (plus Mom, Cody, Chanelle, David, and Sammy all on the phone). With great anticipation (to the point where I was actually shaking a little), I opened my call. I had to cover up the lines and just go one line at a time, or I know my eyes would've skipped ahead. :P So I opened it and read it, and...

...I'm going to BOISE, IDAHO!!

And no, I'm not kidding. Though I do think it's hilarious that out of all the missions there are out there, I got the "joke" mission. (Thanks, Singles Ward.) Not that I mind; I'm really excited to serve in Boise. It's going to be amazing. I report to the MTC on February 3. Which is just perfect - it gives me about a month and a half at home before I leave, and I still get back in time to go to school again in Fall 2011.

So, that's the exciting part of my life right now! ^_^




4 comments:

Tiff said...

Once again.....WoooooHoooooo!!!! We can't wait to have you here in our neck of the woods. Congrats!

Jebbie said...

Ashley, you are AWESOME!!!

Trevin and Kalisha said...

Hooray, we're so excited for you! It will be awesome!

Sammy said...

Yay! You'll love it! Can't wait to see you over Thanksgiving.