Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Live for the Moment

Well, Happy Hump Day everyone. Wednesdays can be so lame... especially since this weekend is going to be so nice. We're not having marching band practice on Thursday or Friday, so I just have two classes on Thursday, and one on Friday morning. Besides that, the weekend is free! Not to mention we don't have a football game to go to this week, so Saturday is also free, aside from work.

I've realized that now that I have a plan for the future, I want to just get on with it already. The classes I'm taking now are just required stuff that I need to get over with for GE credits (plus a couple art classes), and don't seem that meaningful. I'm looking forward to this semester ending, because I feel like I'm not fully invested in my classes now, and that I'm mostly just going through the motions until I finish this semester. However, I've also realized that life is a great gift, and so is the opportunity I have to get an education here, and I shouldn't take it lightly. Sure, the classes I'm in now pretty much aren't a big deal for the future, but everything I can learn here is important. Every moment of my life is special, and I take most of it for granted. I shouldn't always be looking toward the future, waiting anxiously for whatever is coming next, and ignoring the time that I have now. This stage in my life won't last forever. I have so many blessings in my life, and I will enjoy the little moments.

2 comments:

Sammy said...

I felt like I should have been listening to the song "You're gonna miss this" while reading that post. It's SO true Ash. We miss you. 2 months till Christmas!!

Vickie said...

Some of the things that I regret most is not making the best use of my time. To be free, single and learning is a wonderful time! You are very wise to have realized this!