Monday, July 14, 2008

More July Fun

Last week we went to a baseball game. It was fun. I tend to get bored after a while, but for the most part I really enjoyed myself. I also don't know all the rules, and just don't follow every moment of the game. It was really cool, though, because the Rangers (Texas) were playing the Angels (LA), and the Angels were winning for most of the game. But in the last inning, we got one run followed by a home run! It was great! A very cool ending, it put everyone in a great mood on the ride back home.

I also saw Get Smart with Cody the other night, which was a great movie. I heard from a lot of people that it was an okay movie, but not that great. When I saw it, though, I loved it! I'm not the pickiest person with movies, but I really enjoyed it. Great stuff.

Cody and I had spent a lot of time this past week trying to network our two home computers together so that we can play multiplayer computer games. We tried so many things, and our hopes would raise just a little, even though I always knew I'd be disappointed, whenever we found something else to try. Last night we decided to try once more, and we figured it out! All it seems we had to do was install some IPX thing on one of the computers, and it works! So we started our game this morning, which was a lot of fun. :)

I had to work a 10-hour shift last week... which, surprisingly enough, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was a long day, but it still went by quicker than I anticipated. I know I really need the money, but sometimes work can be a drag. Oh well, I tough it out.

Trevin decided to change his major (from civil engineering), and he's planning to be a linguist for the FBI, I believe. That's so cool. It suits him better, too, I think. Now if only I could choose what I'm doing... :) I'm still looking into classes, though, and may end up changing something before classes start. Ah well, it happens.

Kokiri Kids, my beloved forums, are now gone. Just, gone. It's so sad. It was such a great place... I try not to dwell on it too much. We don't know exactly what's going to happen next with this situation, but I'm eager to find out what the plans are.

That's pretty much everything I can think of now. Great stuff, it is. I guess I'm off to work now.

2 comments:

Trevin and Kalisha said...

Ashley, don't worry, I don't really like baseball games either. Pretty long and boring if you ask me. . . I was always stuck going to SF Giants games, when really what I like is soccer and basketball. I'm glad you're doing well! I'm sorry you can't get your computers to link together :( I have recently learned and become a settlers fan, so I hope we can play when you come back in the fall!! Love ya!

Sarah said...

Baseball! I love watching baseball games and following everything that's going on. :) It probably helps that I played select softball for 4 or so years...

A linguist for the FBI? That sound so freakin' sweet!

I'm glad you got your computers networking figured out. That was such a huge headache when I was trying to last summer.

That's so sad about Kokiri Kids!! :( I remember when the Anarchy Faction was no more... and when they "moved" the MxO forums so they were basically gone. I was crushed! I hope things work out so it can reappear later or something...