Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacation and Reunion

Alright, so I'm not the best at updating regularly during the summer. But hey, it's been a busy several weeks.

Finals went alright, and it was really nice to get it all over with and out of the way. I had a lot of fun with the friends that I made during the spring term, and I'm looking forward to hanging out again, but I'm now thoroughly enjoying life at home. I've had a few babysitting jobs since I've been home, which I enjoy.

At the beginning of July, we left on family vacation. We first visited Poppy Jake in Utah. While we were there, we visited Temple Square, which was very cool. We got to see the Salt Lake Temple and the Conference Center among other things. The temple is so pretty.



In the North Visitors' Center on Temple Square we went to see the Christus. It was so cool, the walls and domed ceiling were all covered in stars and everything, and the statue of Christ was standing tall in the middle of it. Being in that room is so peaceful and the spirit is very strong. It was a great experience.


Following our stop in Utah, we proceeded to Idaho to visit Nana Raine and Poppy Ralph on my mom's side, and after a few days with them we all went to the Ball Family Reunion.

The Reunion was tons of fun; the house everyone stayed in together was huge and very nice, and I had the chance to see a lot of relatives that I haven't seen in years. Jeffrey and Debbie came for a couple of days. It was great to see them again while I'm not in Provo. We took family pictures, went to Bear Lake, had a skit/talent night, sang karaoke and just had fun together.

Mom and Dad. (Aw, cute.)

Me and my awesome cousin Brianna.

Jeffrey and Debbie singing karaoke.

Dad, my cousins Jesse and Dan, and uncles Mark and Troy.

That last picture was a hilarious synchronized swimming skit performed by my dad, cousin, and a few uncles. It was put on Youtube (The Ball Family Swimmers), and I suggest watching it and letting the hilarity ensue. (My dad's the one in the back with the red cap in the picture, and the last one to enter in the video. He makes me so proud.) :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xMSeD2hh7Y


After the reunion, we went back to Utah to visit for a bit longer with relatives from my dad's side of the family. We got to see Trevin, Jeffrey, Debbie , and of course little Knightley once again during our stay in Utah, which is always a treat.

Debbie and my adorable nephew Knightley.

Our trip was unexpectedly extended due to my cousin Jason's death, sadly, and we stayed for his funeral. Jason was a really cool guy, and very loving to everyone. I didn't know him as well as I could've, but it was hard to see him gone, and hard to see the impact it had on everyone. But as much as he was loved here, I know that he's doing Heavenly Father's work now.

After all was said and done, I had a lot of fun seeing and spending time with family, and the trip was a great experience.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Wow.....I love what you did with your hair! You look great and highlights that great smile of yours! Oh yeah, I haven't posted on this blog things in a long time, but this is Marc. It was nice to read about what you have been doing this summer! When do you come back? I have to agree too, that the Christus is one of the most peaceful places I find at Temple Square! By the way, My Dad with movies to prove that he is the "life" of the party with his dance moves whenever this a reunion in my family, that we never seem to get when we are just with him on a normal day. Who is that cute baby in the picture, she's cute! Anyways, have a great summer, talk to ya' Soon! :-)