Thursday, May 21, 2009

Little Things

A lot of the fun in life is just finding those little things that make us happy. Here's one of mine.

Whenever I'm walking somewhere and someone's coming from the opposite direction, I usually firmly designate myself to one side or the other of the sidewalk (or hallway, etc.). When I do, even from a distance, it causes the other person to automatically drift to the other side, whether subconsciously or not. When I take my position early on, the other person will go to the other side. This is one of those little joys in life, for me - knowing that I have that little bit of momentary power over another person. (Especially when they're about twice my size, 'cause heaven knows I'd lose a real fight to them.) :)

1 comment:

Trevin and Kalisha said...

I totally get it. I do the same thing!